Monday, March 25, 2013

The Liebster Award


Well, apparently my blog has been nominated for the Liebster Award.  What is the Liebster Award, you might ask?  Truth is, I have not a clue.  Your guess is as good as mine.  But it is a nice gesture, none the less, and I am very flattered to have received the nomination.

Best as I can judge, the Liebster Award is an award given by bloggers to other bloggers.  So, since I have been nominated, I apparently have to list eleven facts about myself (it will be harder for me to limit myself to eleven, than it will be to find eleven random facts about me) and answer the eleven questions submitted by my nominator, the incorrigible E (or perhaps better known to the common man as Elizabeth Liberty). 
So, eleven facts about me…


1. I have a garden/woodsy themed bedroom that has 21 actually birds’ nests which I have robbed from trees over the years.  (no birds were harmed during the decorating of my room)

2.  I’ve always had a fondness for red hair and those beautiful freckles that some children have over the tops of their cheeks and the bridge of their nose.  I’ve always wanted to write a book with a character like that…

3. I was diagnosed with ADD as a child (don’t get me started on that subject, or the issues I have with the medical community diagnosing children with hi IQs as ADD).

4. When I was younger, I fell onto a concrete post (you know, those metal ones that stick up out of the concrete after they’ve poured the foundation?) and sliced the side of my head open.  I was rushed to the hospital, got my hair clipped, stitches, the works.  And then, when the Dr. told me during recovery that I could have anything I wanted to eat and I said I wanted a burrito, he told me I couldn’t have that because they didn’t make it in the cafeteria! 

5.  I adore unique and interesting jewelry, especially antique looking type jewelry.  Metals are kinda my favorite right now….

6.  I’ve always wanted to be able to play a musical instrument, but alas I have too many hobbies and not enough time…  So I can sing, and that’s about it.

7.  I am most comfortable when I am being creative, be that through writing, expression, art, my clothes—anything that involves creativity and self expression makes me happy.  I want to learn to weld soon.  *waggles eyebrows *

8.  When adjusting the volume on something—TV, iPod, radio—I can’t leave it on a number ending in 1, 3, 7, or 9.  I don’t know why, it just drives me crazy.  So if I land on one of those numbers, I have to go up or down to fix it before leaving the volume alone.  *shakes head at self *

9.  I failed gymnastics as a kid because, while I was great on the bars, I could not turn a cartwheel to save my life!

10.  I was only allowed to be a soccer goalie once on my soccer team because I apparently became easily bored while watching my teammates running around kicking the ball.  So I sat and picked grass.  :P  Did fine on the field amongst all the action, though.

11.  I have a black thumb.  I kill everything, even the plants I desperately want to survive.  Like my poor, miniature yellow rosebush.  I under water, or I mother to death.  :P  I’m so much better with living things….

 Questions from my nominator:


1. Do you think lying is ever the right thing to do?

A: Um, can I just give a link to my blog post on the subject?  I’m gonna go with I can.  It may not be the condensed version, but it certainly gives my complicated answer.

2. What's the best thing you've ever written?

A: Wow.  You want me to tell you what I think my best work is?  But that’s so hard!  This is certainly an E question… Well, I’m going to go with you want to know which blog post (since this is a blogging award nomination) I think is my best, which makes answering the question so much easier for me.  I think my best blog post was The Detriment of Modesty.  And not just because it is my most viewed and debated blog post, either.  It is a topic I am very passionate on, and one which I think little has been said about.

3. Do you like bacon?

A: Oh goodness, yes.  However, the sad news is that I can no longer have it, due to my PRP.  So, I have an unrequited love for it, of sorts.  ;)

4. How crazy are you?

A: Crazy.  Like, crazy enough to own that I am crazy kind of crazy.

5. Have you ever gotten involved in a land war in Asia?

A: Does anyone even own land in Asia, besides the government?

6. Did you get the reference in the last question?

A:  Uh, no, which is why I answered with sarcasm. :)  I feel like I should know the answer, though…

7. If you know your Myers-Briggs personality type, what is it and how does it fit you?

A:  I was coerced into taking one, once upon a time, but I have forgotten what I was.  Apparently I made up a very small percent of the population.  Not positive what that says about me, but I suppose I cannot help it, whatever it is.

8. Favorite musical instrument?

Well… I would have to say the fiddle.  I mean, I love the bagpipes and—well… perhaps I shouldn’t go down the list.  You asked for one and, since I have been forced into picking a favorite, I shall say fiddle.

9. Have you ever read a really bad book?

A: Yes.

10. Kiwis: yes or no?

A: Eh, not crazy about them, to be honest.  Although, one of my nicknames is Kiwis.

11. What or who has been the biggest influence (positive or negative) in your life?

Well, since picking one person is pretty much impossible, I’m going to go with what everyone probably assumes I’m going to say.  My brother’s death.

 
Thanks, E, for the nomination!!! I had fun and am flattered. :D

4 comments:

  1. It was fun to read facts about you, Kaitlyn. :)

    "I have a garden/woodsy themed bedroom that has 21 actually birds’ nests which I have robbed from trees over the years. (no birds were harmed during the decorating of my room)"

    How was I unaware of this cool fact? ;)

    "I was coerced into taking one, once upon a time, but I have forgotten what I was. Apparently I made up a very small percent of the population. Not positive what that says about me, but I suppose I cannot help it, whatever it is."

    If I recall correctly, it said you were an ENFP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Jonathan! I'm glad you enjoyed it. :D

      I love my room, so I'm glad you like this tidbit.

      You may be right. I can't remember. :D

      Delete
  2. Liebster means dearest in German. Definitely a fitting award to give my Kaitlyn. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I did not know that!! Thanks for the info, Zoey!!!

      Delete

I love to read comments, hear feedback, and interact with my readers, so if you have something you want to say, please feel free to share. Ask questions, challenge my ideas, or even say you disagree with me. I don’t bite, so don’t be shy!

You can even say you liked the post, if you want. I really won’t mind. ;)